ARC Lifeguard/First Aid/CPR/AED Training (LGTr.24) – Blended Learning
ACTraining Center Tuition = $320 (Includes Red Cross online course fees.)
The primary purpose of the newly revised Lifeguarding program is to train lifeguards to act with speed and confidence in emergency situations both in and out of the water. Topics include water rescue skills, surveillance and recognition, first aid, breathing and cardiac emergencies, CPR, AED and more. The new program reflects the latest Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC) science. The certification validity period is 2 years. This is a blended learning course with significantly reduced classroom time augmented by online learning.
- Participant must be at least 15 years old. A copy of age verification; passport, drivers license, or birth certificate must be sent in with your registration.
- Swim 300 yards continuously with front crawl and breaststroke demonstrating proper form, breath control and rhythmic breathing (googles allowed this prerequisite only).
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs with hands crossed over chest.
- Complete a timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds: Starting in the water, swim 20 yards. Surface dive, feet-first or head-first, to a depth of 7 to10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound diving brick. Surface and swim 20 yards on back with both hands holding diving brick. Remove brick from water and exit the water without using a ladder or steps.
In case you have any questions about the precourse skill requirements; here is a link to a video that explains the precourse requirements in detail. Lifeguard Precourse Video Please honestly access your swimming skills prior to registering for a lifeguard training course. There are no refunds for failing to successfully complete the precourse.
See note on Payment Policies page for information on scheduled practice times.
Sufficient time is scheduled into the course to allow for various learning styles, class pace and inclement weather that may affect the course time line.
Upon successful completion of this course participants will receive one American Red Cross Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED r.17 certification valid for two years from the date of completion.
ARC Lifeguard/First Aid/CPR/AED Training Review (LGT-R) – Blended Learning
ACTraining Center Tuition = $205 (Includes online course fees.)
This is a Blended Learning Lifeguarding review program. Participants must provide documentation of current Lifeguard/CPR/AED/First Aid certification. Online course work must be completed prior to the review day of the course, so please plan accordingly.
Review Eligibility: Red Cross policy is that only guards certified in the current revision are eligible for a review course. “Participants must provide documentation of current Lifeguard/CPR/AED/First Aid certification to participate in a review course.” You can check the Red Cross online Learning Center which tracks your current certifications.
Textbook is available digitally or printed copies may be purchased from Aqua Culture.
ARC CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers r.17 Blended Learning
Total Tuition = $96
(ACTC tuition + ARC fee)
Blended learning combines online learning with in-person skills sessions where you will practice skills and demonstrate competency. Please plan to complete all eLearning modules, including the CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers final eLearning exam, at least two days prior to your first in-person skills session. Most participants complete the eLearning portion of the course in approximately 3 hours. Your experience may vary widely based on several factors including your PC, internet speed and previous training. I recommend beginning the online session as soon as possible to ensure that you are able to complete all eLearning modules prior to the first in-person skill session. Upon successful completion of the Course participants will receive an American Red Cross CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers r.17 Certification valid for two years from the completion of the course.
- Prerequisites – There are no prerequisites for this course.
Aqua Tech Certified Pool Operator
Total Tuition = $260
Tuition includes online course access, hands on course, materials and testing.
There is also a virtual course option, please contact us for information.
Upon successful completion of this course participants will receive a Pool and Spa Operator certificate. The AquaTech course is a blended learning course which includes online class work and hands on skills training at Aqua Culture Training Center. Shortly after completion Harford County Health Department will send a State of Maryland certificate. If a participant wishes to practice in another county, they will have to go to that governing county to obtain permission to operate in that jurisdiction. Certification is valid for 3 years.
- Age Prerequisite – 16 years of age at the start of the course.
Certified Pool & Spa Operators Review
Total Tuition = $120 + cost of book if desired
Upon successful completion of this course participants will receive a Pool and Spa Operator certificate. Shortly after completion Harford County Health Department will send a State of Maryland certificate. If a participant wishes to practice in another county, they will have to go to that governing county to obtain permission to operate in that jurisdiction. Certification is valid for 3 years.
- Age Prerequisite – 16 years of age at the start of the course.
ARC Instructor Training
Water Safety Instructor – WSI
AC Training Center Tuition = $465
(Includes online course fees.)
Do you want to teach swimming and water safety courses? If you are at least 16-years old and a proficient swimmer, you can become an American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor! As a Water Safety Instructor (WSI), you can:
- Teach skills that may save a life.
- Gain terrific work experience as an aquatics professional.
- Earn money–or join a volunteer team–while you help people learn valuable skills.
- Learn organizational and presentation skills that will help you in any career.
- Make a difference in people’s lives.
Upon successful completion of this course participants will receive both a Fundamentals of Instructor Training and an American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor r.09 certificate with authorization in the Central Maryland Chapter which will be valid until the second December 31 following completion of the course. Re-authorization can be obtained by teaching and submitting a course record within your authorization period and completing any and all National updates or Re-trainings. Participants must attend all scheduled classes within a block of classes.
- Age Prerequisite – Participant must be 16 years of age on or before the final scheduled class. A copy of age verification must be sent in with your registration.
- Swimming Prerequisites – Strokes will not be swum continuously. Proficiency must be consistent with Stroke Performance Level 4 of the American Red Cross Learn to Swim Program.
- Front Crawl, Back Crawl, Sidestroke, Breaststroke, Elementary Backstroke – 25 yards each.
- Butterfly – 15 yards
- Maintain position while floating or sculling on back in deep water for 1 minute.
- Tread water for 1 minute.
Lifeguard Instructor (LGI) r.24
AC Training Center Tuition = $495 (Includes online course fees)
Combined tuition if participating in a base level lifeguard course.
With LGT Full or Review = $600
Upon successful completion of this course students will receive an American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor certificate. This will certify an individual to teach Lifeguarding, First Aid, CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers and Health Care Providers, Automated External Defibrillation, Oxygen Administration and Preventing Disease Transmission. Reauthorization can be obtained by teaching and submitting a course record within your authorization period and completing any and all National American Red Cross Updates or Retrainings.
Completing Lifeguarding Instructor Course
- Step 1: Meet Prerequisites: Be at least 17 years old on or before the last day of the instructor course. Possess a current American Red Cross certificate for Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED.
- Step 2: Obtain and review course materials
- Step 3: Complete the online Introduction to the Lifeguarding Instructor course prior to attending the first in-person session.
- Step 4: Successfully complete the Lifeguarding Instructor precourse skill session.
- Step 5: Successfully complete the Lifeguarding Instructor course
Visit Instructor Candidate Resource page for more info
Precourse screening is rigorous and you need to have mastery of the base level lifeguarding course and be prepared to demonstrate such upon arrival for the precourse screening on the first day of the course. Participants are encouraged to complete a full or review course.
Professional Courses Available Online:
Bloodborne Pathogens Training Online
Designed for those who are at risk for on the job exposure to blood and other bodily fluids in the workplace. The course teaches staff how bloodborne pathogens are spread, how to avoid exposure and what to do if exposed to infectious material. This course is one of the requirements of the OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Standard. After taking this course, students should talk with their employer about their workplaces specific policies and procedures. Those who complete the training receive a Bloodborne Pathogens Training certification valid for one year.
Click here to register
Safety Training for Swim Coaches Online Content Only
Safety Training for Swim Coaches online content course is the first step for coaches to become certified in Safety Training for Swim Coaches. This course teaches those involved in competitive swimming how to help maintain a comfortable and safe environment for swimmers, prevent accidents and emergencies and respond to swimmers with illnesses or injuries in water or on land.
Click here to register